May 23, 2009

Songs You Will Like Vol. I



As a new installment at Tallest Tree, I've decided to come out with a list of five of six tracks each week that I'm feeling at the time. Obviously from the title, they'll mostly be songs that everyone will enjoy, but it's a difficult task to please all of the people all of the time. Give me feedback if you guys like the tracks and I'm always open to suggestions. Ok, here's Volume I.

Guru Josh Project - Infinity (Klaas Vocal Edit)


As cheesy as the spoken words are throughout this song, you can't help but feel the positive vibe that powers this song. I would be lying if I said I didn't play this song on repeat while driving alone with the windows down.

Chiddy Bang - Kids



Such a pleasant mix of MGMT's massive hit, I like the change of styles...reminds me of Wiz Khalifa's "Say Yeah" refix of Alice Deejay's techno anthem.

Dragonette - I Get Around (Midnight Juggernaut Mix)



The lead singer of Dragonette has a voice that I just can't get out of my head, the song is somewhat repetitive and only includes one verse, but the beat puts me in a great mood.

Lil' Wayne Ft. Kanye West, T.I. & Jay-Z - U Ain't Neva Gottz Ask (George Michaels Sample)



Don't get too excited from the line up, it's no Swagga Like Us... The verses are recycled from previous songs by all the artists but the beat is siiiiick. Props to Pretty Much Amazing for the link to the track and Dem Joints Production for the track.

Chromeo x Bag Raiders - Call Me Up (Shooting Stars Overdub)



Anyone who was around me at school knows that I bump this song way too often...too good. Sounds way better over the Bag Raiders beat, download the original and tell me it doesn't I DARE YOU.

Katy Perry - Waking Up In Vegas (Calvin Harris Remix Edit)



I've always backed Katy Perry's voice, although I despise her overplayed pop songs. Calvin Harris knows how to make a hot beat and Katy's voice sounds great overtop...The lyrics contain a conventional girl-pop disaster story while relating it somehow to a hungover morning in Vegas, and are somewhat stupid, but whatever, enjoy.

LMFAO - La La LA (Death To The Throne Remix)


I'm only throwing this song on the list because my boy R forced me to listen to it until I admitted I enjoyed it. Feel free to do the same to yourself and your friends haha Peaaaace Marc R



DAFT PUNK REMIX AFTER ALL////

In case you haven't been reading any other music blogs... 10 blogs just congregated to release an unofficial remix album of solely Daft Punk songs. Each blog chose their own producer, who chose a single track and remixed it like crazy. If you like Daft Punk, you will probably enjoy this. You can find the finished product here

LIGHTS OUT REMIX...Yapes or Napes?

Which remix do you prefer? Or do you hate both of them? I personally take the DJ Mehdi version, but that's only because it remains true to the originally track and only adds a little more bass and other minor tweaks. I just heard the Tepr Emo mix this morning and decided to put the two head to head. Lemme Know!
Santogold - Lights Out (DJ Mehdi Buddy Light Remix)


Santogold - Lights Out (Tepr Emo Remix)

">

No comments:

Post a Comment