May 15, 2009

Passion Pit Is Just Great


Sooooo I got an advance copy of Manners (Passion Pit's new CD that will be out on the 19th) and I must say, I am quite impressed. I was introduced to Passion Pit after listening to the remix of Sleepyhead by Wallpaper. Dio, which is possibly one of the best remixes I have heard of that track. I then heard "little secrets" and the Calvin Harris remix of "The Reeling". I was unsure of how much exactly I would like listening to an entire CD of Passion Pit, simply because the lead singer's voice can get somewhat repetitive (or at least I imagined after listening to the three aforementioned tracks).

How wrong I was.

"Manners" is completely different from how I imagined. There are a variety of different moods on the cd, and I actually really enjoyed listening to it from start to finish (which is very rare, at least for me). So far, the track "Eyes as Candles" has been stuck in my head the most, and it is a far cry from the relatively upbeat melody of "Sleepyhead". The combination of sounds that Passion Pit uses in almost every single one of their songs is very appealing, even though you wouldn't think the sounds would harmonize in the way they do. The slow brass instruments underneath the high synth on "Eyes as Candles" blew me away, and forms this new sound that I really haven't heard before.

Anyways, grab the album when it comes out on the 19th and if you like the songs I've mentioned, you will love the whole cd.

Here's the video for "The Reeling" proving that Passion Pit knows not only how to make amazingly fresh music, but that they can also create fresh new videos as well.

Passion Pit, "The Reeling" from Benjamin Technology on Vimeo.



Until Tomorrow!
Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment