May 19, 2009

Song ID'd FINALLY!



A little while back, I went down to The Social to check out Conor Cutz and John Roman. As usual, the people were energetic, the drinks were cheap ($2.00 shots before 11:30 & $100 bottles) and the music was bumping so hard you could feel it in your chest. Anyways, about halfway through John Roman's incredible set, he threw on one of the sickest tracks I have ever heard. As soon as the song dropped, the whole crowd went crazy (including myself) and I knew I had to find out who made this ridiculous track. Unfortunately, it had no discernable lyrics that I could memorize and google at a later date, and after failing to identify it on my buddy R's phone using Shazam, I became a little rattled.

Still though, as I left Social later on, I thought that certainly the mighty blog aggregator that is HypeM would certainly have the track that was burned into my brain. I soon realized that searching for a song on the hype machine when all you have is the sound in your head makes it a nearly impossible task. With no artist and no track title, searching any blog was almost totally useless.
I finally e-mailed John Roman himself, and was faced with the task of describing the sounds that were stuck in my head and basically torturing me since I had seen him dj.
This was the only description that I could think of to describe the track:

"The song I speak of starts with a high pitched synth sound that slowly bends down in pitch, then a higher note of the same sound comes in and drops down in the same manner. From there, the track goes absolutely crazy and it's been stuck in my head ever since."

John's response to my limited description blew my mind, as he knew exactly what I was talking about!

"Haha I believe the track you speak of is "drop the pressure" (jack beats remix)
If I get that right then... Wow haha
All the best bro,
-John"

Wow is right. How the hell could you even suggest a song based upon what I said?!?! Anyways, the track is Mylo - Drop the Pressure (Jack Beats Remix) and you really have to crank your volume to the fullest to appreciate it. Being in a crowded area full of high-energy hipsters and house-heads will also add to the experience. Also, be sure to check out John Roman's myspace at http://www.myspace.com/johnromandj. His track "Wreck the Discotek" and remix of Yeah Yeah Yeah's "Heads Will Roll" are absolutely insane.

If you are interested in getting guest list or bottle service at The Social on Monday nights, contact Joshua Chitiz at 416-846-5626 or jchitiz@gmail.com. He's just as friendly and informative as John Roman, if not even more!

Enjoy the track and lemme know what you think! Build starts at 0:49 and the madness enters at 1:00...

No comments:

Post a Comment