Jun 22, 2009

Event Review: Davide Squillace @ Skybar Session June 20, 2009

It is Saturday June 20, 2009 and I am heading down to the Skybar for the opening of the new Skybar Sessions, which highlights an internationally profound DJ on the infamous Skybar. The opening session featured European heavyweight Davide Squillace. In my travels I have a slight feeling of discontent because it has been raining all day, and at 9:45 p.m. it has not let up.



I arrive outside of Skybar at approximately 10:00 and park my car. While talking to a friend about the crazy beats we are going to hear tonight, he points to my windshield and declares "it has stopped raining!" I knew the night would be magical from that moment on. God had stopped the rain in time for some of Toronto's most faithful house heads to party hard to the grooves of Squillace.



The rain may have let up, but Squillace did not. As expected, he was rocking the crowd with his deep house beats until the early morning. I had never seen him spin. However, I have heard much hype from those who have. The hype was well warranted. He has a mellow type of style, with dirty drops at precise moments which invigorated the lucky crowd in attendance. On a side note, throughout the night, flocks of birds were flying overhead which added a special kick to the already wild atmosphere of the club.

No comments:

Post a Comment